Saturday, August 18, 2012

Happy Birthday to my 1st Baby


I truly mean it when I say that I cannot believe my 1st baby is turning 17 years old today.  High School and talk of a mission and college were "those faraway/someday" days . . . and those days are NOW for me.  

Kohler has been such a joy to raise.  Has it been easy?  Uh, no . . . but I think raising any child with their specific needs and concerns isn't easy.  It's always more work to help them reach their potential and teach them correct principles that will last a lifetime.   
Has it been fulfilling?  Oh yes! 
I wouldn't trade ONE day with my precious son.  He has taught me how to be a better mother - more patient, more understanding, more trusting---and I have LOVED every step along the way with him.







Kohler is a GOOD KID through and through.  He truly is. Has he been perfect?  No - none of us are. But he has always had a strong testimony of Jesus Christ and honors his priesthood duties completely.  He loves and respects his father immensely (for which I am totally grateful!) and is so eager to learn from him.  He has such a kind heart and is one of the most sincere teenage boys I have ever met.  He loves his family, his grandparents and cousins----family comes FIRST for Kohler and I love him for that.  He is a friend to many and has so much love to give to others.

 There's that smile that melts my heart (and a few girls' hearts too!)
 I will forever be grateful that Kohler was sent to our home.  I mean, what would the world do without those muscles???  ha ha!
Happy 17th Birthday to you, Kohler.  "How wonderful life is, while YOU'RE in the world!"  (thanks Elton John for that great lyric!)

2 comments:

Nancy said...

He really is an amazing kid! I was so blown away having conversations with him backstage and watching him open up to a new situation. Happy Birthday indeed!

Rachel said...

we are big Kohler fans over here.