Thursday, August 30, 2012

First Day of School

Well, since tomorrow is the last day of August, I thought I had better get these pics on our family blog today!  I have really let this blog lapse over the summer and I am having to play "catch-up."  But I couldn't let August come and go without talking about the kids going back to school.

 Here are my TWO High School Kids!  How did THAT happen?

 As I hugged them, I began to get emotional - thinking of these two little "souvenirs" from Dental School.  They were only 4 and 6 years old when we moved here.  Then, I blinked and they are 14 and 16!  Kohler is a Junior this year and Kelsey is a Freshman.
 I couldn't take my eyes off of them as I dropped them off at school.  I was so happy for Kelsey, having an older brother to protect her, show her around, and BE there for her.  That is something I always wanted as a kid.
 I really hope they will grow even closer together this school year.  One of the coolest things is that ALL four of our kids are going to school on the same street.  Campo Verde High School is just down the street from Quartz Hill Elementary School.  For some reason, I really feel comfort knowing they are all there on the same street!
 Then, here are the little ones (who aren't so little anymore!)  Spencer is in 5th grade and Hailey is in 1st grade.  Hailey is wearing the shirt we bought her in Paris (even though it's the British flag!).  
 Hailey lost her first tooth when Tom and I were in Europe and boy, was she SUPER excited!  She has waited forever to have one of her teeth fall out.  (I guess she is a bit of a late bloomer---but I love it since she is my baby--and I want every bit of "baby" to last as long as it can!)

 Of course Rider wanted to go on a walk to the bus stop.  He doesn't get walked very much since the weather has been killer hot!
He was so excited---I thought he was going to break the leash!!  I am so glad that Spencer and Hailey have each other . . . at least for the next two years until Spencer goes to Jr. High.  When that day comes, I will need therapy because thinking of my little blondie in Jr. High just freaks me out.  I'm glad I have two years to let that one sink in!

No comments: