Saturday, September 15, 2012

Berry Much Fun!

Raspberries were on sale the cheapest I've ever seen them at Costco this week so I bought 32 quarts of them and went to town making raspberry jam!

 What does a lot of raspberries plus A LOT OF SUGAR equal??
 As my grandmother would say . . . "PURE GOLD."  That's what she would call her raspberry jam and we couldn't agree more.  She cooked hers and would bring the jars of that precious gold to us every summer.  I absolutely LOVED that stuff!  I think the berries in Idaho must be some of the sweetest berries around.  Ours was the freezer jam style because it's super easy and super fast.  (just my style!)

 For me, though----the best part about making jam is the people who are with you.  These two darling children won't be around my house forever so I thought I'd take a moment to teach them how to make jam for their families.  It's really so easy and not a lot of people do it much anymore.  

 Of course, Kohler indulged me taking pictures of them and trying to remember this moment forever---but not without him being his goofy self!  I love it!

No comments: